Symfony as a software engineer: hexagonal architecture and interoperability
Description: While framework documentations usually are about Rapid Application Development, most jobs you get as a software engineer are about doing very specific business features, in agile environment.
Aiming to provide an approach beyond the official documentation, we will emulate a very simple web application, starting from a Symfony skeleton and adding many requirements all along the tutorial.
- using different template renderer (in case you need very specific views)
- using events and decorators
- repositories and collection, how to be more precise in your contracts
- MVC vs ADR
- Hexagonal architecture, a layered architecture for more flexibility
- why you should not use annotations
- DTO and scalar values, why you should never ever inject scalar values